Georgette’s makes a difference.
That means doing our part. The whole reason Georgette’s Fair Trade Grounds & Gifts exists is because we saw a need in the community:
- to support people with developmental disabilities in meaningful employment
- to have the opportunity to eat fresh foods, many of which are organic and/or come from local sources
- to sell artwork created by hands right here in northwest Ohio as well as fair trade artwork made by thousands of other hands all over the globe
- to run an eco-friendly store that people can feel good about.
- to help the environment by recycling all of our waste and using biodegradable disposables for our to-go orders.
Georgette’s is something you can smile about.
Our goal is to satisfy our customers while fulfilling all of the elements of our mission. Sound like a juggling act? It’s really pretty simple. With our strong foundation, we find that the task of bringing you the best services possible isn’t a job… it’s a joy. Plus, it isn’t every day you see a coffee shop that is owned and operated by a non-profit!
…It’s coffee with a cause.
Georgette’s is owned and operated by Sunshine, a non-profit organization in Maumee, Ohio, that offers an array of services and programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Sunshine provides residential, vocational and family support services to people with developmental disabilities. Sunshine’s mission is to create community among people with developmental disabilities, their families, friends and staff and does this by offering services that enable Sunshine to build relationships that enhance our lives through mutual caring and growth. For more information, please visit www.sunshine.org.